Ljubuški (Sights to See, Places to Visit / Znamenitosti za vidjeti, Mjesta za posjetiti)

What a lovely place this is!  Do you remember it? If you don't, don't worry because I'll leave you with two little reminders i.e. links to previous posts ( here and here).  Can you recognize it now? If you are a first time visitor, I don't mind repeating myself. This is Ljubuški, a small city in region of Herzegovina, country Bosnia and Herzegovina. These photographs were taken back in February but since the weather has been a bit on the chilly side lately, I don't feel weird about posting them now. I originally planned to post a book review to go along with this post, but I couldn't think of anything nice to say about the book in question, so I gave up. I reviewed it a long time ago on goodreads and all I can say after reading it again is that I feel the same way about it. The concept of this book is great but it is written so badly. End of story. How it managed to win an award for the best novel of the year is beyond me. Anyway, it hasn't been translated to English, so you wouldn't have heard of it anyway. The cover is pretty so at least that makes me feel like I didn't waste my money. I don't regret buying it, I usually don't regret buying books. I strongly belive that in order to support writing we need to buy books (in whatever form) and that is especially the case with works of young writers. I'm always the first to buy someone's first book. As the provers says, let's support live artists not the dead ones. So, unless I'm really broke, buying books is a part of my routine. What is a part of your routine?

Kakvo je ovo divno mjesto! Sjećate li ga se? Ako ga se ne sjećate, ne brinite se jer je ovdje i ovdje mali podsjetnik. Možete li ga sada prepoznati? Ukoliko ste me posjetili po prvi put, nije mi problem ponoviti. Ovo je Ljubuški. Zadnji put kada sam ga posjetila bilo je kada sam ovdje bila na ručku s mužem.Ove fotografije su uslikane prošle veljače ali pošto je vrijeme bilo poprilično hladno u zadnje vrijeme, uopće mi ih nije čudno objaviti sada. Planirala sam objaviti i ogled knjige s ovom objavom, ali nisam mogla smisliti ništa lijepo što bi rekla o ovoj knjizi, pa sam odustala. Davno sam pisala o njoj na goodreadsu i sve što mogu reći o njoj nakon što sam je pročitala ponovo je da imam isto mišljenje. Koncept ove knjige je odličan, ali je napisana tako loše. Nije mi nikako jasno kako je osvojila nagradu za prvijenac godine, pogotovo jer mi pada na pamet barem nekoliko mladih autora koji su to više zaslužili. No, iako je roman Anđeli će samo zaspati  Merlite Arslani bio razočaranje, ne žalim što sam ga kupila. Ako ništa drugo barem je naslovnica lijepa. Skoro mi nikad nije žao što sam kupila knjigu. Mislim da moramo kupovati knjige ako želimo potaknuti pisanje i spisateljstvo, pogotovo je važno pogurati mlade spisatelje. Ja uvijek poletim kupiti nečiji prvijenac pa makar i ne bio najbolji. Kao što jedna izreka kaže, živi umjetnici su ti koji trebaju našu potporu, ne mrtvi. Tako da osim ako sam baš u minusu, kupovanje knjiga mi je dio rutine. Što je dio vaše rutine?










infinity scarf/ šal: gift, poklon
puffer/ jakna: no name, nije markirana
jeans/ traperice: pizza Italia
boots/ čizme: dr. martens










Comments

  1. lol the cover is pretty, nice one dear
    New post
    http://www.melodyjacob.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice outfit and beautiful place..
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ovaj šal ti izgleda tako mekano, sad bi se najrađe umotala u nešto takvo jer je i ovdje nikakvo vrijeme i dalje :) Ja isključivo kupujem knjige najdražih mi autora i razne monografije, a tu i tamo se zalomi da ugledam nešto novo u Profilu pa si naprosto ne mogu pomoći :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i ovdje je vrijeme još uvijek otužno...iste su mi odjevne kombinacije kao i ove zime...ha ha ha.

      Delete
  4. Hello beautiful Ivana, how are you ?
    Your photos are very pretty. Kisses and have a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Da, da, sećam se. Iako uživam u otkrivanju novih mesta kroz koje nas vodiš, lepo je posetiti ponovo i ona već viđena jer meni se makar čini da uvek možemo da vidimo nešto novo ili bar da oživimo stare osećaje :)
    Predivno izgledaš, a kosa ti je san snova. Kao sa reklame :)
    Slažem se i ovog puta za knjige, uvek dovlačim nove, ne kajem se čak ni kad mi se ne svidi. možda zvuči površno, ali eto, nekad čak i lepa korica može da ulepša dan ili policu za knjige :) I sama volim da podržim književnost u njenom pravom obliku, ne znam da li ću se ikada odlučiti za elektronske verzije. Užasno sam staromodna po tom pitanju i mislim da će tako biti i dalje :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. baš tako, uvijek se može vidjeti i nešto novo. Ja jako volim vidjeti knjige na polici, tako da mi je i lijepa korica nešto što vrijedi samo po sebi, pa makar zbog toga bila površna:).

      Delete
  6. I'm right there with you Ivana! I buy books, write them, read them. The works! Generally books that go so far without being well... A truly good book her that far through hype and marketing. Sad but true. There are so very many fabulous authors out there who never get seen or have their stories read simply because of lack of visibility. I'm with you on supporting the living word masters. I'm also crushing on your pretty pink coat. I didn't realize you were in a cold weather time zone. It's a small, but still very big world.

    Have a gorgeous day!
    KaSonndra
    http://livewellbefabulous.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're totally right about there being a lot of good authors who never get a chance of being published! That often annoys me, but well unless I open my own publishing company there is nothing I can do about it.

      Delete
    2. you're totally right about there being a lot of good authors who never get a chance of being published! That often annoys me, but well unless I open my own publishing company there is nothing I can do about it.

      Delete
  7. Great look!

    xoxo
    www.its-dash.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a gorgeous place! looks like a great time! I love your jacket!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos of you, Ivana, and what a beautiful name of the place - Любушки! :)
    I think you know - I'm a big supporter of culture and arts, in different forms. I also supported education, and community building was my great passion for many years. I think we need to support the cases that touch our hearts deeply.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Natalia:). Yes, it is a beautiful name. According to the legend, Croatian king Herceg build this city for one of his lovers and that is why it was named that way.

      Delete
  10. Odlican post i fotografije. Bas mi se dopada ovo mesto. :)

    Ako zelis, pogledaj moj blog i zaprati me ako ti se dopadne. :)

    http://mojasvastaricams.blogspot.rs/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Belle foto e bella la location. Mi piace molto il piumino!
    www.alessandrastyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing place for visiting! Such lovely photos.
    I love your outfit, Ivana. Great relaxed casual look.
    Have a fun-filled weekend dear)

    http://fairyland111.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. that place looks so relaxing and inspiring ivana! If I happen to drop by there, I would definitely paint or read a book in there. :)

    xoxo, rae
    http://www.raellarina.net/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you there, it is a lovely place to relax indeed.

      Delete
  14. You look so classy. Love the bag! Have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful name of the place! Sounds tender, like a name of a woman - Ljubushka.))) It looks so cozy, as if it were my home...
    Your smile gives light to all around you.=))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was named after a woman, a king built it for his lover, his "ljubuška".

      Delete
  16. Very good pictures!
    I like your bag!
    http://szoszibeauty.blogspot.hu/2016/05/wedding.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Predivan post! Btw.ako već nisi vidjela, nominovala sam te za jedan tag na mom blogu pa vidi ako želiš :)

    Vildana from Living Like V & Stalia Is BAE

    ReplyDelete
  18. Shame you didn't enjoy the book as much! I'd love to read your review on it regardless, your book reviews are always the best and such pleasure to read. :) <3 I agree with what you said about supporting young artists, especially people in the same field like myself as in bloggers, YouTubers etc.! I'd much rather support individual people like that rather than big established companies...! Really loving your photos as always, although it does look a little chilly there for sure! Seems you were dressed for the weather, though, the coat looks super comfy and I love the red handbag, adds such a lovely pop of colour to your outfit! <3

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. As long as people only buy things that are mainstream (well established and advertized heavily), young artists/writers/creators will never get a fair shot!

      Delete
  19. Yes I do remember your previous visits to this charming city and how nice that we get another peek at it here. That 4th photo of your reading with the trees in the background is such a lovely portrait because of the way you're framed against the beauty of nature doing one of your favorite activities :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry your book disappointed but at least your fringey bag is super cute :)

    All Things Bright and Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  21. Did anyone told you that you've a very charming smile, Ivana? Have an awesome week, babe! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Prekrasno mesto! I ja cesto kupim roman prvenac i bas kao i ti osecam se lepo kad tako u startu podrzim neciji trud.
    Pusica

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful place! :)
    I also love to buy books. :) Have a nice week!
    --
    O diário da Inês | Facebook | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cool photos, beautiful smile!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely coat, this look is soo cool!
    Alessia
    THECHILICOOL

    ReplyDelete
  26. Reading is one of the most magical things you can dot! I'm happy to find out a reader in this blogging world, at the ends words can lead us to beautiful places :)

    I really love the comfy outfit and of course the place, wish I could be there :D

    Pablo
    Fungi Express blog

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

Jadrolinija ferry ride, travelling from Split to island Hvar (outfit post)

10 STYLE LESSONS LEARNED FROM MALENA/ MONICA BELLUCCI

THE LATHE OF HEAVEN BY URSULA K. LE GUIN (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION )

A COMMISSIONED PAINTING OF A CHAPEL IN MOSTAR: ACRYLICS ON CANVAS- TRAVEL WITH MY ART #36

EUGENE ONEGIN, A VERSE NOVEL BY A. PUSHKIN (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION: ROADSIDE PICNIC BY ARKADY AND BORIS STRUGATSKY

VISIT STJEPAN'S FORTRESS IN LJUBUŠKI (HERZEGOVINA) WITH ME!

THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ BY L.FRANK BAUM (BOOK REVIEW)

HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY- 15 READING RECOMMENDATIONS!