11 Ways To Style a Dusty Pink Skirt For Spring (Inspiration For Both Warm and Cold Spring Days)


Spring is in the air. Maybe not quite literally. As I explained, we have snow in the air right now, but it doesn't matter. The calendar says that Spring is here and I want to believe the calendar. So, here are 12 ways to style a pink dusty skirt. I think most of these tips can be applied to any pink skirt really, but I choose dusty pink for a reason. The reason is that I have one dusty pink skirt in my closet that I wear all the time. I must have worn it for a hundred times. I think I only paid something like ten euros for it. Best purchase ever! I wore this skirt with everything, from high heels to sneakers. I wore it when I went hiking and I wore it for weddings. It's one versatile skirt. Makes me think I need more dusty pink items. Who knows maybe I even have some in my closet? I need to look for them.

Bottom line is that by wearing a certain clothing item often, learning how to restyle it in different ways we can end up shopping less often and being less wasteful. Shopping our closets is one of the easiest ways to start being more sustainable and environmentally friendly. Wearing something just once or twice and getting rid of it is so wasteful. Plus, building up a relationship with our favourite clothing items can be a lot of fun. So, here are my suggestions for restyling one particular clothing item.

my marker drawing + editing




1. Wear a dusty pink skirt with a floral blouse

Powder pink matches most floral prints quite well. Here I paired it with a dress not a floral blouse but you get an idea, especially since you can't really see it's a dress. I often wear dresses under skirts, or you could also say that I wear skirts over dresses. The reasons for this is quite simple. This way you don't have to bother about undershirt and the lines your underwear will be less visible. I mean you can also wear a underskirt for that, but I know most people don't wear underskirts any more.

#modaodaradosti #wiwt #oftd
http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/2017/05/for-love-of-flowersza-ljubav-prema.html


2. Style a faux fur coat over a dusty pink skirt

Give me any excuse to wear a faux fur coat and I'm going to take it. This was one of my all time favourite outfits. Perhaps because it was all about layering. I wore a t shirt under a striped cardigan and a faux fur coat. Honestly, one of the most feel good outfits that I have ever worn. Some would say that black doesn't match dusty pink well, and in a way it is true. These two colours do contrast. However, keep in mind that fur (be it faux fur or ordinary fur) often has a particular shine to it. The texture of fur (synthetic or natural) makes it not only visually interesting but somewhat ever colour- changing, and this helps with the colour matching. In a way, fur is multicultured. Have you ever noticed that?

http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/2015/12/sights-to-see-places-to-visit.html

3. Wear a dusty pink skirt with a bright yellow top

Why not spice up things a little? This yellow top was designed by me and made by my mother. Way back when I was in high school, I would design things and my mother would sew them. Thanks mom! That was always awesome. This outfit is more appropriate for warmer than colder spring days obviously, but I think it's pretty cute and I plan to rewear it.

http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/2015/09/island-hvar-inspired-this-necklace.html
4. Pair a dusty skirt with sneakers and a red blazer

Another outfit that is all about colour contrasting, but boy did I love it or what! It was such a comfy outfit to wear. I loved the contrast between this blazer and dusty pink skirt. Some people don't like to mix red with pink, but I love it.
http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/2015/04/nature-park-hutovo-blato-part-2-park.html



5. Wear a dusty pink skirt with a checkered shirt

Here is a suggestion for warm Spring days. Why not try pairing a dusty pink skirt with a nice pair of pink sunglasses and a black and white checkered shirt? In retrospective, I think this outfit was very cute. The more you think about it, the more you realize how versatile any clothing item can be. This is especially the case with skirt and dresses.
http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/2015/09/uvala-torac-outfit-post-bay-torac.html

6. Wear a dusty pink skirt with a faux leather coat

Here is a suggestion for spring days that might be on the cooler side. I wore this outfit recently.  There are a lot of colours in this outfit and they do clash a bit but I liked wearing it and that's what matters. I actually think that the colour of this faux leather coat matches the dusty pink nicely. 
7. Wear a dusty pink skirt with a neon green shirt and a tweed jacket

Because mixing styles and textures is fun. This outfit was very comfy but at the same time felt elegant. I would totally wear it again, so I guess it was a winner. 


http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/2015/03/spring-outfit-post-proljece-odjevna.html

8. Pair a dusty pink skirt with a blue vintage peter pan collar shirt

A dusty pink skirt is pretty much a girly choice. Why not pair it with something that is just as romantic and girly? Why not opt for a peter pan collar shirt? I love these kind of 'easy to wear' but girly and pretty spring styling.


http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/2015/08/one-special-blouse-jedna-posebna-bluza.html







9. Pair a dusty pink skirt with a red bomber jacket

Because nobody will expect you to. In this outfit, I made a contrast between the top and the bottom of the outfit by pairing a sporty top with a more dressed up bottom (heels and tights). Or maybe I just stole this jacket from my husband. I can't tell with certainty. It was back in 2013 guys. I have a good memory, but that's too much detail.




http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/2013/05/diy-shirt-outfit-post-doraena-kosulja.html




10. Wear a pink cardigan over a dusty pink skirt. Match different shades of pink.

Matching different shades of pink is always fun, right? Why not pair your dusty pink skirt with a more vibrant shade of pink? I will probably wear this combo again some time.


http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/2016/04/pink-and-blue-outfit-post-roza-i-plava.html

10. Wear a dusty pink skirt with a green jacket

Because green and pink make me think of Spring. They might not be an obvious combo, but it is something I like.

http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/2015/12/the-importance-of-drinking-water.html



11. Wear a dusty pink skirt with a ruffled skirt

Why not dress up a little? Open toe heels are always a good choice and when you pair them with a ruffled skirt, you get one dressed up outfit. I need to remember to wear this again. In this outfit, the colours are coordinated (for a change) and I can see how it makes it look more polished.


That would be all for today. I hope you have enjoyed this post. Let me know if you would like to see similar posts in the future, the kind where I show you how to wear a same clothing item in different ways. I've done these sort of posts in the past and I think they're fun to make (and hopefully also to read) so I might be making one soon!







Comments

  1. Everything looks amazing! Have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome photography, dear! Love every bit of it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, dear Ivana, your dusty pink skirt definitely was a very good purchase! I see I need urgently dusty pink skirt as this skirt is unbelievable versatile! Thanks for sharing all the wonderful outfits - I love it to see again how creative you are with outfits. Enjoy this weekend!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful outfits, amazing skirt:)
    kisses:*

    ReplyDelete
  5. so many stunning outfits dear
    Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree that styling is key to maximizing the versatility of any item in our closets across the seasons. That is a gorgeous skirt and you have definitely proven that it can be worn stylishly any time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prelepe kombinacije. Najviše mi se dopadaju prva i ona u kojoj si na plaži.

    Kathy's delight

    ReplyDelete
  8. Preslatka u svim kombinacijama sa ovom divnom romanticnom plisiranom suknjom.

    Ljubim te

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorites are with the yellow top and black fur jacket. It can be styled so many ways. I also love your illustration of it. Those cupcakes look delicious! LOL
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. gosh, so many different looks - all of them are so cool!!! i like this skirt - right my taste.

    hugs
    Jennifer
    http://jennifer-femininundmodisch.blogspot.de/2018/04/preischeck-so-viel-kosten-meine-looks_11.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

Jadrolinija ferry ride, travelling from Split to island Hvar (outfit post)

REPAINTING AND REPAIRING AN OIL ON CANVAS, A PAINTING OF ASSISI ( ITALY)

FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY:A SUMMER DRESS (STAEDTLER PENCIL WATERCOLOURS)

CIRCUS THEMED CREATIVE ARTS & CRAFTS ( DIY ) IDEAS FOR BOTH KIDS & ADULTS

FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: LBD AND VINTAGE VIBES

HOW TO STYLE A BROWN FAUX LEATHER COAT?

THE ISLAND OF THE MISSING TREES BY ELIF SHAFAK (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

BLOGGERS ART GALLERY

BOOK REVIEW: MURDER IN THREE ACTS, A NOVEL BY AGATHA CHRISTIE