Outfit Proposal For Rainy Days #1 (How To Style a Black Skater Dress?)


When in doubt, wear black. In the past, I must have been doubt free for I hardly ever reached for black. I was all about colour. I used to abhor all black outfits, but now I'm warming up to them. Today my outfit proposal is almost all black with only touches of brown and grey. I opted for different shades of black, so this outfit isn't  not completely monotone. I don't know if you can see it on the photographs, but this skater dress is made of similar material as the coat, that is, the material is very thick. I bought it in one outlet store and I plan to wear it this Spring as well. I'm pretty sure that I won't be able to wear this dress during the Summer because I would be too warm. I think it is the only skater dress I have in my closet. I do understand the appeal of having lots of little black dresses in one's closet, for they do come in handy, but I only have two or three in mine.


 #oftd #skaterdress #fashionblogger #mostar
location: Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina



 #oftd #skaterdress #fashionblogger #winter2018



As I said, I was never crazy about black, but it seems that I'm slowly but surely changing my mind. Who knows, maybe in the future you'll see me wearing all black outfits all the time. I have dyed my hair black recently. My natural hair colour is very dark brown (almost black) so it is not a big change but still. How about you? Do you like black outfits? Do you like dark hair? My dream hair colour would look something like this acrylic painting you can see below. Dark blue. But somehow I think that would take both time and effort, so for now I'm sticking with basic black.





#oftd #skaterdress #fashionblogger

skater dress: no name, coat: Tally Weijl, faux fur scarf: no name, shoes: Peko, bag: vintage



Rainy days. Winter is taking its time to leave and I'm not complaining. At least I can still wear my faux fur scarves. I'm even trying to figure out a way to wear them during the Spring/Summer season.  I do love faux fur scarves. While the weather is still like this, we can also wear our faux fur coats. There are some benefits to weather staying on the colder side, at least I'm trying to find some.Besides, the Spring will arrive, sooner or later, right? When weather is rainy and cloudy, we have an excuse to wear ugly beautiful shoes like the ones I have on. I love pointy shoes. I feel like they add something to any look. I might wear these in Spring time anyway. I will probably wear booties and boot until Summer. Some gals have already jumped into their sandals, but I'm not that brave.   I don't feel ready to wear sandals yet.


 What about you? How have you been? I have spent all my morning and most of my afternoon painting and illustrating. That usually puts me in a bad mood or maybe it just makes me tired. I finally took the time to look at some fashion shows from the recent fashion shows. I don't illustrate runaway looks all the time, but sometimes I do. Maybe you remember some of my old runaway illustrations. Last year I illustrated quite a few runaway looks and for some reason I often choose to illustrate looks from D&G collections. Today I looked back to these two fashion paintings made with acrylic paints.  Fashion illustrating with acrylic paints is not very common, at least I haven't see it around, but I like it. I feel like it makes the designs look more artistic so I sometimes do it. Not today, though. Today I choose to work only with watercolours.  You'll need to wait to see those watercolours, though. They need to dry and everything.





My acrylic painting originally posted here: http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/2017/03/inspired-bydolce-runaway-look-from.html


Dolce & Gabbana fashion illustration
My scrylic painting originally posted here: http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/2017/03/inspired-by-dolce-gabbana-autumn-winter.html




When I illustrate a look from some collection, I need to look at the video of the show as well to make sure I got all the details right. Illustrating clothes can be tricky for a number of reasons. It is not always possible to get a good idea of a design just by looking at a photograph from some runaway show. You can never see all the details that way. If you want to draw or paint a clothing item, you need to know what kind of material it is made of, how that material falls, what is the texture and all that. That is why I typically watch the fashion collections I plan to illustrate, sometimes even more that once. Obviously, this takes time. So, I don't get to do it that often. This morning and afternoon I have watched and illustrated designs from collections of Chanel,  Louis Vuitton, Dolce & Gabanna, Miu Miu and Stella McCarthey. That was a lot of illustrating and as I said, I feel really drained right now. I won't write about those shows yet. All in due time. Today's post is long enough, I figured. Thank you for reading. Have a lovely weekend everyone.


#oftd #skaterdress #fashionblogger
oftd

#Mostar #BIH #smile #oftd
modaodaradosti


#modaodaradosti #oftd #skaterdress #fashionblogger



#modaodaradosti #oftd #skaterdress #fashionblogger
modaodaradosti





( I'm having some technical problem with my Insta account, when I manage to fix it, I'll probably become more active on this platform again, or not- who knows? )





Comments

  1. Ohh, you look so pretty in this outfit. I love everything in this outfit. Great style dear <3 I'm in love the way you have styled your coat with this skirt. You have so pretty smile dear Ivana <3
    Have a great day!! Kisses <3
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful outfit, dear! I love your style! :)

    anastasjastyles.blogspot.ba <------------- new post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing pics!
    Have a nice week-end!
    Gil Zetbase

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hai trovato un modo molto carino e femminile per indossare il nero, ivana, mi piace moltissimo la tua soluzione! Soprattutto trovo davvero perfetto l'abbinamento di quel cappotto con il vestito!
    Quanto al total black, personalmente non amo particolarmente indossare il nero, quindi look del genere li metto davvero raramente, anche perchè essendo già molto chiara sia di pelle che di capelli, il nero mi fa sembrare ancora più pallida!
    Trovo però che su di te invece stia bene (anche sui capelli) per cui fai bene a sperimantare nuovi look!
    Bellissime le illustrazioni!
    Baci!
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lijepo ti stoji crna. Ja se u njoj uvijek osjećam mirno i zaštićeno.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ja ju prije nisam voljela, ali eto predomislila sam se.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful outfit and your ilustrations are gorgeous!

    jointyicroissanty

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore skater skirts! It's a very flattering piece and a staple in my wardrobe too!

    Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  8. I quite like wearing black actually even though I don't really wear it that much. The hair in that painting is really good. You've really captured the lustre of glossy locks!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely adore this outfit on you! Love the coat and the flounce peeking from underneath. Love your booties. Great look for you Ivana.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Divna vesela atmosfera na fotkicama i divna dama na njima <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks beautiful - i think you paired it perfectly!!!

    hugs
    Jennifer
    https://jennifer-femininundmodisch.blogspot.de/2018/04/astro-styling-das-mode-horoskop-my.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

Jadrolinija ferry ride, travelling from Split to island Hvar (outfit post)

10 STYLE LESSONS LEARNED FROM MALENA/ MONICA BELLUCCI

THE LATHE OF HEAVEN BY URSULA K. LE GUIN (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION )

A COMMISSIONED PAINTING OF A CHAPEL IN MOSTAR: ACRYLICS ON CANVAS- TRAVEL WITH MY ART #36

EUGENE ONEGIN, A VERSE NOVEL BY A. PUSHKIN (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION: ROADSIDE PICNIC BY ARKADY AND BORIS STRUGATSKY

VISIT STJEPAN'S FORTRESS IN LJUBUŠKI (HERZEGOVINA) WITH ME!

THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ BY L.FRANK BAUM (BOOK REVIEW)

HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY- 15 READING RECOMMENDATIONS!