Inspired by......fashion illustrations inspired by fashion bloggers: 2017 edition (pencil, watercolour, acrylics)




Inspired by is one of favourite features on this blog. I had to give it up while I was sick (just like everything else), but I hope I will be able to return to it next year. This year I have illustrated a lot of lovely bloggers. Therefore, I decided to do a little recap, and I hope that you'll enjoy it. I  have worked hard on my illustrating skills this year, I've tried some new mediums and generally speaking I've spent a lot of time trying to make art. This also reflected on my blog, and posting art became a regular thing (apart from the time I was in hospital & recovering, but then I obviously wasn't posting anything at all). I've divided illustrations into groups based on the medium that I used because I think it looks more neat that way (and some of you might want to know more about mediums employed). 


#modaodaradosti




3 WATERCOLOUR 'INSPIRED BY' ILLUSTRATIONS (PAOLA, NICOLETA, LERA)

Working with watercolour is always lovely, but I do still feel that I have a lot to learning to do when it comes to this medium. Looking at these three fashion paintings, it seems to me that my aquarelle painting style has changed a bit. I guess that that my fashion illustration style changed as well so maybe that is that. I'm looking forward to working more with watercolour in the next year.

#modnailustracija #modniblog
https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/2017/02/inspired-by-paola-lauretano-fashion.html

akvarel modna ilustracija
https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/2017/02/inspired-bynicoleta-buru.html



#modnailustracija
http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/2017/02/inspired-bylera.html



                         4 PENCIL ILLUSTRATIONS
                             (BARBARA, JESSI, TIJANA & MARGOT)

Pencil fashion illustration is somewhat new to me, but I like the simplicity of it. I might employ it more in the future. I have certainly done a lot of pencil drawing this year. I must say that the elegance of the eternal black and white colour scheme is really starting to appeal to me. This year there were 4 pencil illustrations in my Inspired by feature. To see them, scroll down.

#modaodaradosti
http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/2017/04/inspired-by-barbara.html



#modaodaradosti
http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/2017/04/inspired-by-jessi-malay.html

#fashionillustration


#inspiredbymargot
http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/2017/04/inspired-by-margot.html

                                      2 COLOURED PENCIL ILLUSTRATIONS (IDU)


Colour pencil is a medium I'm still warming up to. This year I did two illustrations of Idu, but somehow I only managed to post one on my blog (I wasn't able to find the other one). You can see the other one on my Instagram profile. Colour pencil is surprisingly time consuming, believe it, or not, it took me about 6 hours to make these little illustrations.


flare sleeves skater skirt heels
http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/2017/05/inspired-byidu.html
https://www.instagram.com/p/BUzAbkLDE6c/?taken-by=modaodaradosti



                                     2 MARKER ILLUSTRATIONS (PORCELANNA & LUCCIA) 

Using markers for fashion illustration is another thing that is relatively new to me. I think this was the first year that I have actually used markers to do Inspired by fashion illustrations. As you can see, I did two of those. I also did a ton of marker drawing, I shared some of it on my blog and Instagram. I haven't tried copic markers yet, though. Everyone is saying that I should, but you know these things are pricey and money doesn't grow on trees. Most people don't understand that art supplies actually cost money, in some cases, a lot of money. Besides, what puts me off from working with copic markers is that everyone is doing it and what I'm trying to do is to do my own thing.

http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/2017/06/inspired-by-ann.html


                               2 ACRYLIC PAINTINGS (TIJANA & IVANA)

I love working with acrylic and oil paints. I took 3 art courses (something I will write more about in the future). Anyway, while doing those I was focused mostly on acrylic and oil painting. So, it is no wonder I opted for acrylics for my Inspired by feature as well. I love how arty these two fashion paintings look. I do plan to continue using


modna ilustracija #modaodaradosti
http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/2017/04/inspired-by-post-nadahnuta-s.html




What do you my dear readers think? Do you like my Inspired by feature? Should I keep it a regular feature on my blog? Do you think I should try something else? If yes, what might that be? Thank you all for reading. Have a lovely day!

Comments

  1. I've been missing your illustrations, dear. Such lovely and creative.
    Happy New Year, dear. Wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ivana, thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog a few times recently. I've somehow failed to do the same and I apologize for that. I was sorry to hear that you have been ill and have been recovering for a while. I.hope you are fully better now.

    I have always enjoyed the creativity and variety of your fashion illustrations and seen how they have developed as you hone your skills. It is great that you have tried different mediums, they are certainly effective! I definitely like your acrylics and oils best but I think you have excelled I'm all. Art supplies ARE expensive, I agree! It takes a good deal of money to get the variety of colours and types.
    I hope you have a wonderful new year.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing post ❤️Happy holiday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Che splendido recap tesoro, sono onorata di far parte di questa carrellata di bellissimi disegni!
    Happy new year darling!!!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  5. Splendido recap, Ivana! Sei migliorata moltissimo quest'anno!
    Ti faccio ancora tantissimi auguri di uno stupendo 2018!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY NEW YEAR IVANA!!! i hope you had a really nice silvester.

    hugs Jennifer
    http://jennifer-femininundmodisch.blogspot.de/2018/01/preischeck-so-viel-kosten-meine-looks.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

Jadrolinija ferry ride, travelling from Split to island Hvar (outfit post)

REPAINTING AND REPAIRING AN OIL ON CANVAS, A PAINTING OF ASSISI ( ITALY)

FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY:A SUMMER DRESS (STAEDTLER PENCIL WATERCOLOURS)

FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: LBD AND VINTAGE VIBES

CIRCUS THEMED CREATIVE ARTS & CRAFTS ( DIY ) IDEAS FOR BOTH KIDS & ADULTS

THE ISLAND OF THE MISSING TREES BY ELIF SHAFAK (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

HOW TO STYLE A BROWN FAUX LEATHER COAT?

How To Wear Yellow In Summer? + Mostar's panorama + Goranci restaurant

BOOK REVIEW: MURDER IN THREE ACTS, A NOVEL BY AGATHA CHRISTIE