Can a book be considered a fashion accessory? (Fashion illustration of the day: Two girls reading together, two outfits and two books)

I love how this fashion illustration of mine turned out. It might be immodest of me to say so, but I feel like I'm finally getting somewhere with them. Can it be that I'm starting to see developments in terms of my illustrating style? I do hope so. Anyhow, with this illustration I'm combining two things that I, quite possibly, love the most: reading and painting.  I thought it might be fun. It was. 


Is book the ultimate fashion accessory? Well, if you want to look smart, it probably won't hurt. Yesterday (here on blog ) I was all about how we need to embrace the digital and audio formats when it comes to reading, but today I'm sharing an illustration of two girls reading together and doing it the traditional way. Hey, wait! Wasn't that also the subject of the unnamed watercolour painting I shared yesterday? Yes, it was. You see, recently something caught my eye. I have noticed, in the background of one rather well known 16th century painting, an interesting detail: three young ladies reading from the same book. Somehow, that motive got stuck in mind and I will probably explore it more. 



#fashionillustration #modnailustracija #modaodaradosti #girlswhoread #friendswhoreadtogetherstaytogether



Have you ever heard that 'a smile is the best fashion accessory' saying? There is probably truth in that, despite the fact that the moody face (also known as - no I can't say it sorry, once you have trained as an educator, swearing doesn't come naturally to you) is becoming increasingly popular in the fashion photography. Still, I do generally like to see people grinning it away, so all of you who enjoy putting a smile on, feel free ignore that new fashion rule. On another note, would you call a book an accessory? Can a book be considered a fashion accessory? Traditionally, a fashion accessory is defined as something either carried or worn. Well, you can carry a book, so maybe it can be called a fashion accessory?

 I feel like saying 'book is the best accessory'. In my point of view, an accessory is something that should and can make you feel extra special. I'm pretty sure that some people do like adding books to their outfits. For some people (perhaps even for a lot of people), a book can indeed be the ultimate accessory. I also feel like saying smart girls are the pretties just because I feel the need to thank them somehow. Maybe because I feel, that they are, generally speaking, those who contribute to our higher quality of life. You know, Marie Curie and the likes. 

Can you imagine our world without ladies who read? I'm pretty sure it would be terrible. It's good to remember that we're blessed with a lot of amazing ladies these days. Perhaps we should remember to say thank you to them a bit more often, it's like I said in one Instagram post not so long along:A big thank you to all educated ladies that make this world a better place. A big thank you to all nurses, medical professionals, doctors, teachers, writers, directors, mothers and all creative and educated women out there who work hard every day and who really make a difference in our daily lives. A big thank you to all who choose to help others, to all those who continue to educate themselves and others, all those who are truly productive, all those that share their art and skills with us. The most intelligent and hardworking women are rarely talked about (if at all!). The media doesn't write about them often, you won't find their names on front pages but these ladies, for me, they are the true heroines of this world. I've been inspired by so many amazing, hardworking, eloquent, intelligent and educated women over the years and I do feel the need to thank them for it. '


Alright, back to being a bit less serious. Let's talk a bit about the outfits I illustrated, shall we? Because I like to talk about clothes. I know, shocking for someone who owns a fashion & lifestyle blog named Fashion: An Ode To Joy (that is how the name of my blog translates to English, btw).  Two imaginary ladies who read together, two imaginary outfits that I loved. The blonde is wearing a long brown (possibly faux leather) coat, paired with high heels and jeans (because I love the combo of the two). The brunette is wearing a dark pink dress paired with a black jacket and ankle boots. Cute outfits, wouldn't you say? 



#fashionillustration #modnailustracija ##girlsread #friendswhoreadtogetherstaytogether





Yesterday I  wrote and shared a rather long post about How to read more? so if you're interested in that, you can check it out. I stayed up until 1 am writing it, so it is probably not that bad.  

Alternatively, you can also read the short version I'm about to share. So, here are my 8 reading tips for reading more:



1. Don't limit yourself to one format (try out digital and audio books).
2. With the help of audio-books, you can read while you're doing house work, cleaning the house and/or preparing a meal.
3. Remember that non-fiction has a lot to offer.
4. Remember that other people read and that it is something you can share with others.
5. Join a library and make regular visits to it, don't forget to enjoy the process. 
6. Inform yourselves about the benefits of reading as it can motivate you to read more.
7. Read to others or ask them to read to you (you can also read aloud to yourself).
8. Don't forget about rereading.





#fashionillustration #modnailustracija #akvarel #watercolour

#fashionillustration


Thank you for reading!










Comments

  1. Si, mi piace l'idea del libro come accessorio moda! Il disegno è stupendo!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh great tips for reading more, and interesting to read about the thoughts and inspiration behind your latest drawing. I am trying to make more time for reading this year - so far so good, although some days I'm too exhausted to do anything other than fall to sleep as soon as I get to bed, haha!

    Hope that you are having a lovely weekend! Another extreme weather weekend here. So hot, we are staying near the air conditioner.

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute picture ^_^

    Happy new year, dear friend :*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the illustration!
    Vanessa x | www.springlilies.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

Jadrolinija ferry ride, travelling from Split to island Hvar (outfit post)

REPAINTING AND REPAIRING AN OIL ON CANVAS, A PAINTING OF ASSISI ( ITALY)

FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY:A SUMMER DRESS (STAEDTLER PENCIL WATERCOLOURS)

CIRCUS THEMED CREATIVE ARTS & CRAFTS ( DIY ) IDEAS FOR BOTH KIDS & ADULTS

FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: LBD AND VINTAGE VIBES

THE ISLAND OF THE MISSING TREES BY ELIF SHAFAK (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

HOW TO STYLE A BROWN FAUX LEATHER COAT?

BLOGGERS ART GALLERY

BOOK REVIEW: MURDER IN THREE ACTS, A NOVEL BY AGATHA CHRISTIE